Friday 7 January 2011

Subject review


            
In my Media course, I have learnt many different skills that have helped me develop my music magazine to the best of my ability, and will help me in future.

Firstly, I learnt how to use technical programmes such as, Photoshop. Before this course I had no experience using any of these but as I went a long I learnt more and more which helped me create a professional looking magazine.

Secondly, I learnt analytical skills, looking more into the meaning of advertisements and images than I did before. This allowed me to take my own pictures to represent a meaning rather than for no apparent reason. This including thinking about the audience and whom it was appealing to, making decisions about: costume, makeup, people included, environment, background, camera shots and poses.

Thirdly, I learnt how to research into the music press, using different magazines to inspire my own. The one I looked at in detail was, Top of the Pops, which was entirely different from my magazine with its girly colours and target audience of young teenage girls. However, as it explored the same genre; Pop it was the most appropriate to look at. Looking closely at the codes and conventions of the magazine, I looked at how they used features to attract their target audience and how I could do this for my own. Furthermore, I looked at different genres of magazines such as, Kerrang! in order to see how it differs from a stereotypical Pop magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment