Thursday 16 December 2010

Band for my music magazine: The Plastics

I chose the name 'The Plastics' for my band, as it was inspired from the film: Mean Girls.



I wanted to create a band with a rebellious image, so I decided this would be appropriate. Similary to the film, I used four girls but I created a different image. I had them wearing clothes individual to their own unique style, which would appeal to a wider range of people, including males. Furthermore, I decided to create a Girl band, as they appear to be more successful in this time period, and the male audience would be more comfortable with picking up a magazine with a group of females on the cover rather than a group of males.



However, 'The Plastics' wasn't my first decision for a Band name. I also come up with ideas such as: Love Hearts and The Stars. However, I felt 'The Plastics' was the best fit name for what I planned to create; a rebellious side to Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment