Friday 31 December 2010

Evaluation Question 6

Evaluation Question Six: Looking back at your Preliminary Task of designing the front page and contents of a school magazine, what do you think you have learnt from it to the final product? 


Throughout this coursework, I have learnt many different skills. In my preliminary, I started to use basic skills on Adobe Photoshop and Pages which when producing my final task of the music magazine, the skills were extended as I had more knowledge into the programmes. From my Preliminary, I took parts of the magazine which I thought were effective and developed them on my music magazine, whereas I looked at what I thought didn't work and learnt from it.

Firstly, I created a flat plan of my music magazine, just as I did with my preliminary. Before I did this, I looked at at my prelim task and looked at the positives and negatives, taking parts to use in my music magazine.

In my Preliminary the images I took I believe weren't really effective enough to draw in an audience, due to not taking enough time to take them and not making significant effort. I learnt from this in my final task, planning a time which fitted into everyone's schedules meaning I could experiment more and take more time to take successful images.

Furthermore, in my preliminary I used the slogan 'BE IN THE KNOW!'. I decided that the use of a slogan made it more memorable and catchy. Therefore, in my music magazine I chose to use 'Love POP. Love LIMITED' as it applied to the Masthead and made it clear what genre it was going to enclose.


To see my finished Preliminary Task click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment