Tuesday 28 December 2010

Evaluation Question 3

Evaluation Question Three: Who would be your target audience for your magazine?

My target audience for my magazine is boys and girls, specifically aged 16 to 19. Unlike Top of the Pops, I am aiming to attract older teenagers rather than 11 to 15 year old readers. I have explored this by looking at typography, graphology, colours and various other factors. The price of my magazine also depicts the age I'm appealing to as they are more likely to have money to spend than young teenagers, but £2.40 is a fair price and means they don't have to over spend to buy a magazine. However, Top of the Pops is 20p less than my magazine, but I decided it was appropriate to be a little bit over priced than a magazine aimed at young teenagers, as it has a more mature and a wider content.




The fact that I have decided to appeal to both females and males is unusual for a magazine which focuses on the genre of Pop, as it is normally targeted and read by females a lone. This is due to magazines such as, Top of the Pops which have created a stereotypical image, with their pink colour scheme and articles which focus on feminine subjects, for instance; make-up and female fashions. On my front cover I have included a cover line: 'Find out the latest POP fashions!', which will include both male and female fashions, which is why I never included cover lines similar to Top of the Pops, for instance; 'A-LIST Glam!' as the word 'glam' applies to women which isn't what I intended to suggest it was going to be aimed at.






To see a more detailed analysis of Top of the Pops magazine in a previous blog by me, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment