Friday 17 December 2010

Photoshoot Planning

For my magazine front cover and contents page, photographs had to be used in which I had to take. These had to be effective and draw in the readers to the magazine, meaning I had to think about many factors for taking them. I decided for my main picture on the front cover to be a long shot of my main celebrity band, and my contents page to include three pictures; one male artist, a female artist and another picture of the main band. As I chose three images, this meant I had to do plan three photo shoots.

First Photo shoot - Main Band


For this, I used four friends of mine, who I believe will be very appealing to my target audience, as they have each have a very individual style; which will capture the female readers, and also are very attractive young girls, meaning male readers will also be drawn in. Getting them all together to take the photographs was hard as they were never all free to do after school or a weekend, as I would of preferred taking the images in my house as it would have been an easier environment to work in, and for instance if needed make up and clothes could have been altered. However, as this wasn't possible, I chose to take the shots in the Music and Dance building at Acland Burghley school. This provided an effective setting and as it was in a school environment it fitted in with everyone's schedules.
To make the picture as effective as possible I had to think about:

  • Make-up
  • Costume 
  • Background
  • Body language
  • Facial Expressions
Second Photo shoot - Male Artist

For my second photo shoot, I am using another one of my close friends but this time in a completely different environment to the first one. This time, I used my friends garden against a brick wall to create an effective image. As it was in his house, this gave me more of an advantage as I was able to adjust costume if I didn't think it was suitable. 

To make this picture effective, I thought carefully about: 
  • Costume
  • Body Language
  • Facial Expression
  • Background
Third Photo shoot - Female Artist

For my third photo shoot, I chose to use a friend of a friend, as I believe she gave across an appropriate image for the genre of Pop. Again, I took this image whilst at a friends, but this time inside of the house against a plain, white wall. 

To make this picture effective, I thought carefully about: 
  • Costume
  • Body Language
  • Make-up and Hair 
  • Facial Expression
  • Background


No comments:

Post a Comment