Thursday 30 December 2010

Evaluation Question 5

Evaluation Question Five: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? 


From constructing my magazine front cover and contents page, I have had to use many different technologies which I wasn't capable of using previously, but they was extremely essential and will help me in the future.

Adobe Photoshop 


Adobe Photoshop is an extremely difficult programme to use, but once you learn the basics on how to use it, it has a lot of different features which are highly beneficial in editing images and text, making it more professional. Before I started this coursework, I had never used Photoshop before, so I was new to using all the different resources available making it difficult for me. However, with help from my teacher and fellow students I soon got to grips with the programme. The one tool that made my front cover look more appealing was the 'Pen Tool', which allowed me to crop around my girl band, removing the background and placing them against a plain, grey background. Without Photoshop, this wouldn't have been possible and my magazine would have been far less appealing.

Pages


Pages was for me another entirely new programme for me, one unheard of for me before I started my Media course. I used this programme to create my contents page and double page spread. Unlike Adobe Photoshop, Pages concentrates on the layout of the page rather than the editing of images meaning you can really concentrate on how things are placed around on the page. It allows you to zoom in and out, and also move images about freely. Furthermore, it includes a tool called 'Photo Frame' which allowed me to create borders around images, such as; a ripped picture and picture frames. This made it look more effective on the page. Another beneficial tool was being able to put my text in columns on my double     page spread, making it seem more professional and like a real magazine article.

Slide Share


www.slideshare.net was a website which allowed me to upload Powerpoint Presentations, meaning I could experiment with ways in which to publish my work on my blog. Using a blog was new for me, and I soon realised that using just plain text throughout looked plain, and Slide Share allowed me to change this.

No comments:

Post a Comment